Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Poppy Pop

Hi guys! I'm back today with pictures of food from Poppy Pops!! *heart eyes*

Just a disclaimer before I start, this is not an ad. Just wanna share with you guys this cafe that my friend and I discovered 2 weeks ago.

I was at Big Box walking around and two girls came to approach my friend and I with a cute looking brochure.

(Anyway if you guys are intending to visit Big Box after you saw that episode where Bong Qiu Qiu bought lots of cheap dresses at BB, just forget it. I went there and everything was either really hideous or expensive hahaha. Ended up getting snacks that I could've gotten at a normal supermarket near my house.)

So after we were done with BB, we were finding a place for dinner and we remembered we told the girls that we'll drop by so we did. It was a little hard to find at first cos the cafe is at level 6 and the highest level the lift could go is level 5 so initially we thought we were in the wrong shopping mall. But anyway we went to level 5 and we saw an escalator leading up to level 6. Turns out the cafe is just above the food court! But the cafe was the only shop at level 6 so I guess its kinda confusing for some.

We walked in and were warmly welcomed by the staff there.

We settled down and ordered Mentaiko fries ($13) and Poppyza (forgot the price, $12-$14). My friend ordered the Yuzu drink ($5) which she loved.


Yuzu Drink


Mentaiko fries. Definitely a must try! Good for 2-3 people to share. The mentaiko sauce was light and creamy. The fries were crispy on the outside, moist on the inside. They topped it off with spring onion and shallots which btw, I love both of these toppings to death. 



A picture of what we had that day.


Their signature, Poppyza pizza.

Taken from their Ig (@poppypopsg): 

Poppyza- Tortilla based topped with home made chorizo sausage and prawns. To add a finishing touch, we drizzle it with our homemade mayonnaise


The portion looks really small but trust me, it's more than filling for 2 pax to share. It tastes light and healthy yet hearty too.

Poppy Pop is definitely a place to check out if you enjoy cafe-hopping and if you are a westie. I stay really far from the west side so unfortunately I can't visit them as often as I would like to. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this short blog post as this is kinda my first "review" on a cafe and I hope to blog more about food I enjoy patronising. 

With love,
Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment