Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Makeup Stash: Eyeshadow Palettes and Cheek Products

Hello! Sorry for going on MIA for so long. I will try to post most consistently on this space and I've decided that I wanna blog more about beauty since I love makeup so much. Mostly hauls, reviews and swatches etc.

Today I will be sharing with y’all my entire makeup collection, splitting into several categories.

Let’s start with eyeshadow palettes and cheek products today.

Eyeshadow palettes:






Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette
SGD 83
Rating: 4/5
This is my most expensive item among all my makeup but I would say it’s worth the splurge. Keep in mind that you’re paying that amount for 12 colours, one colour is less than SGD 7. Pigmentation is definitely there, but I expected better from the lighter colours. The darker colours especially Factory, Mugshot and Blackheart are more pigmented than the lighter shades. All in all, it’s a good palette to invest in if you like rosy or pinky hues.




Essence All About Bronze Eyeshadow Palette
SGD 12.90 if I’m not wrong
Rating: 4.8/5
I LOVE THIS! It is my first ever shadow palette. It’s highly pigmented and colours glide on so smoothly on my eyelids. The only downside that it does not have any matte shades which is a bummer.


Cheek products:





Sleek Makeup Face Form Palette
SGD 22
Rating: 5/5
I love this as well. All 3 colours are of high quality and my fave is the highlighter. As you can see, I’ve already hit pan on it. They’re really buttery and blends well into your skin without looking patchy at all. I find that the blush in here is definitely a dupe for Nars blush in Orgasm.




NYX Powder Blush
Silky Rose | Mocha | Taupe
USD 5
Rating: 2/5
If you guys are wondering why the price of these blushes are in USD, I actually ordered straight from www.nyxcosmetics.com when it was on sale for USD 2.50 only! I would say the quality is so-so. Can't expect much for the cheap price. If you're on a budget and on a hunt for a affordable blush with good quality, go for Sleek or other well known drugstore brands like Maybelline, Loreal etc. If you have the money to splurge, go for NARS blushes. I have been eyeing on the Tarte amazonian clay blushes for the longest time ever as I've heard many good reviews about those blushes. All in all, I wouldn't recommend these NYX blushes.




NARS Blush
Deep Throat
SGD 50
Rating: 5/5
Trust me, you need this in your makeup collection if you're a makeup junkie! It's my holy grail blush. I will definitely get more colours for this blush, particularly aiming on Madly and Orgasm. I chose Deep Throat among their wide array of colours as this colour complements my skin tone the most. It's easily bendable and the quality is just on point. WORTH EVERY CENT! 




Topshop Blush
Dreamphone
SGD 13
Rating: 3.5/5
I'm not sure if Topshop still carries makeup but I bought this blush like 3 years ago. Highly pigmented as you can see in the swatch but I don't really reach out for it as I prefer other blushes of mine. If you're into mauve blushes, definitely check this blush out as it's a cult fave of Topshop.



Benefit Benetint
SGD 54
Rating: 3.5/5
This.is.so.EXPENSIVE! This used to be the number one item on my "Makeup Wishlist", yes i have a wishlist written down on my phone for the makeup that I want. My babe Amandy got it for me for my birthday last year and I was so touched. She got this and Benefit They're Real! mascara. This is great as a blush but not so much as a lip stain. Stays on for a really long time on the skin too, since it's a cheek/lip stain. 




Etude House Snowy Dessert
Cookie Contour Maker
SGD 23.90
Rating: 2/5
I really hate bashing products because companies spend lots of time and effort perfecting the formula and colour but this really disappointed me big time. The pigmentation wasn't there for the highlighter part but thank god I got it for the bronzer. It looks nice mixed together though. But I don't think I'll use as often as I should.




Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector
Champagne Pop
SGD 58
Rating: 5/5
Another expensive product but it's worth it. I got it mainly becos of Jaclyn Hill as I've been watching her videos for the longest time ever and I've only heard good reviews about this. I only have good things to say about this. It's so pigmented and buttery, doesn't emphasise on pores too. Definitely my holy grail.

Gonna end this blog post here, hope you guys enjoyed reading. I also made some changes to my blog layout. Feel free to give me construction feedbacks on my askfm (www.ask.fm/pony4food). Stay tuned for other categories, it'll be up real soon! 

With love, 
Clara



















No comments:

Post a Comment